Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, November 10, 2010

New Beginning

I have made a career out of food and eating. If you want to follow along as I try to find my way - welcome.

First, I think, we must think about overeating as greed, which is idolatry. Read Ephesians 5:5. Repentance is how we begin. This is our first prayer. You may want to write these down. There will be more.

I am not weighing myself. That's not the problem. It's my mind. It's my heart.  The body itself is completely neutral. It causes nothing; it is completely an effect, not a cause.

Dear God,
Please free me from false appetites and take away my pain.
Take from me my compulsive self, and show me who I am.
Please give me a new beginning.
Unchain my heart so I might live a freer life at last.
Amen

1 comment:

  1. Myra,
    I'm starting here to read. I love the prayer. I may not read them all at once, but I'll make it my responsibility to follow through with reading them all. ;)

    ReplyDelete